Large Format Operator
OVERVIEW OF JOB RESPONSIBILTIIES – Understands file preparation including a working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Onyx workflow (or equivalent). Comfortable with electronic file structures, the internet, and navigating servers. Will operate large format UV printer, flatbed cutter, and laminating equipment. Attention to detail, self-motivation, and responsibility are key components of a successful operator.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS –
• High School GED
• Ability to work long hours on your feet
• Ability to lift 50 pounds, repeatedly
• Ability to bend, twist, reach, stretch, kneel, etc.
• Basic computing skills
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS –
• 1 year running large format equipment in a professional setting.
• Mechanical aptitude
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS –
• Be able to read and comprehend job tickets.
• Understand file preparation.
• Operate large format printer, flatbed cutter, and lamination equipment.
• Wrap and prepare product for shipment.
• Use Worldship and Presidio to ship packages.
• Set up, run, and maintain all large format department equipment.
• Print, cut, and laminate various substrates from coroplast to metal.
• Hem, tape, and/or grommet banner substrate.
• Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
• Any additional duties as assigned by Supervisor or Plant Manager.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS –
• Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
• Stay up-to-date on software and procedure changes.
• Maintain regular, on-time attendance.
• May work in commercial bindery when necessary.